We are a community of scientists, science communicators and science educators who meet on Twitter to discuss how science is being communicated in New Zealand and beyond.
Join us on the second Wednesday of every month for a themed discussion about science communication.
On September 14th, Professor Nancy Longnecker will be moderating the chat:
“How do you know if your communication is working?”
On August 10th, our moderator is Peter Griffin. The chat’s topic is:
Welcome to the machine – how to make life easier for researchers doing science communication
On July 13th, our moderator is Lydia McLean. This chat’s topic:
How much science does a citizen need to know?
On June 8th, our moderator is Dr Mel Thompson. This chat will be on:
Balancing scicomm agendas: for the greater good of whom?
On May 11th, Professor Shaun Hendy is our moderator. The topic of the chat is:
The role of values in science communication.
- To showcase the diversity of science communication within New Zealand
- To foster collaboration, knowledge transfer, discussion of best practice, innovation and diversity among science communicators within New Zealand in order to strengthen the role of scicomm within New Zealand society
- To encourage participation in science communication activities by researchers
- To foster international collaboration amongst our New Zealand science communication community
- To monitor the impact of SciCommNZ activities